[gnutls-help] Some "missing" ciphersuites

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at polarssl.org
Tue Mar 11 11:23:28 CET 2014

On 02/28/2014 07:54 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> On 02/28/2014 04:38 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
>> TLS_DHE_PSK_NULL_SHA1
>> TLS_DHE_PSK_RC4_128_SHA1
>> TLS_ECDHE_PSK_NULL_SHA1
>> TLS_ECDHE_PSK_RC4_128_SHA1
>> TLS_PSK_NULL_SHA1
>> TLS_RSA_PSK_RC4_128_SHA1
>> Is that an oversight, or is there a particular reason?
>
> No particular reason. Probably it was an oversight and no-one asked for
> them. Do you think there is some good reason to add them?

Honestly, I don't know if there is a good reason to add them. However, I have a
quite selfish reason for wishing they were added: I'm currently adding GnuTLS to
our interop test script in PolarSSL, and those are the few ciphersuites that we
support but can't test interop for at the moment (they are not in OpenSSL either).

Obviously, I won't be offended if you don't think it's a good enough reason to
add them :)

Regards,
Manuel.