[gnutls-help] too few bits from gnutls_dh_params_generate2() ?

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Tue Nov 11 08:00:53 CET 2014

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 18:12:48 -0500
Brian Hinz <bphinz at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I think that the actual limitation in question is that Java is requiring
> the prime length to be a multiple of 64.  Presumably this dates back to
> FIPS-186-1 which did require prime lengths to be multiples of 64.  The
> limitation on the prime length is supposedly being relaxed in Java 8.

I checked the JDK 8 code, and the limitation is still there. As is it
in JDK 9. So there doesn't seem to be a fix on the way. :/

E.g.:

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/file/ad04eada78e9/src/java.base/share/classes/com/sun/crypto/provider/DHKeyPairGenerator.java

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com