[gnutls-help] Compiling gnutls 3.3 with Solaris Studio 12.2

Mat Troi mattroisang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 04:36:51 CEST 2014

Hi,

While compiling gnutls 3.3 with Solaris Studio 12.2, I got the error below:

Assembler:
        "elf/cpuid-x86_64.s", line 59 : Syntax error
        Near line: ".section .note.GNU-stack,"",%progbits"
cc: fbe failed for elf/cpuid-x86_64.s

I did a little research and found this has to do with hinting this object
file does *not* require an executable stack, but I could not find any hint
on fixing the error.  Has anyone seen and know how to fix?

Thanks,
Mat