[gnutls-help] Quietening gnutls-cli

Raphael Cohn raphael.cohn at stormmq.com
Thu Oct 23 19:18:28 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to automate gnutls-cli. I'm running it as a background job from
bash, with stdin and stderr redirected to a pair of FIFOs.

However, I can't find a way to stop gnutls-cli from outputing connection
status information on stdout rather than stderr - things like "Processed
242 CA certificate(s).".

This makes it really hard to use - especially as the automation is actually
plug-replaceable for several other programs making plaintext connections,
all of which send their noise to stderr and reserve stdout for read/write/

Is there something I'm missing? A flag like '-q'?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Raph