[gnutls-help] Compiling gnutls on solaris

Mat Troi mattroisang at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 01:42:02 CEST 2014

I am working on compiling it for Solaris 11 on x86 Intel platform, not
Sparc.  Has anyone gotten it to work that way for Solaris 10?  So far, I
was able to compiled libnettle and libgmp, and got the gnutls ./configure
to run, but when I tried to run make, I ran into this issue with libtool:
../libtool[1100]: eval: syntax error at line 1: `|' unexpected *** Error
code 3

More info is here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26028845/compiling-gnutls-on-solaris.

I modified libtool manually and now I am at:

ld: warning: symbol referencing errors
Text relocation remains                         referenced
    against symbol                  offset      in file
_gnutls_x86_cpuid_s                 0x3a
accelerated/.libs/libaccelerated.a(sha256-ssse3-x86.o)
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error: