[gnutls-help] 3.3.x version: how long supported ?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Dec 17 10:04:15 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 4:46 AM, Erkan Yilmaz <erkan77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> since about 2 weeks ago the version 3.4.x was marked as stable version (1),
> I'd like to know if there will be still updates (e.g. security fixes) for
> the 3.3.x version ?
> If there would be updates, how long will this be then max.?
> (e.g. in case some LTS exists? end of life?)

There is no policy at the moment. However it would make sense to make
a best effort policy which will be something like:
on an ABI breakage the (stable) release will be updated with security
fixes for at least X years.

The number I have for X in my mind is something between 2 and 4. That
will of course be a statement of intention, which will depend on the
project's resources at each time. If you are looking for a contract or
so, you should check: http://www.gnutls.org/commercial.html