[gnutls-help] GNUTLS_E_PULL_ERROR in gnutls_handshake

Alessandro Carminati alessandro.carminati at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:54:58 CET 2015

Hello,

Recent Google updates in its services brought me here.
I'm quite new in gnutls, therefore I want to apologize with everyone if I
ask for something anyone should know.

Due to Google Talk xmpp shutdown, I'm trying to use a new xmpp services
without any significant success.
My application uses iksemel which uses gnutls for transport, and it  keeps
crashing on setting up a tls connection to the server.
Error seems to be in the function "handshake" located in iksemel
src/stream.c file.
It seems that when iksemel handshake function invokes gnutls_handshake, it
spawns an GNUTLS_E_PULL_ERROR.
Looking at when this event occurs, I determinated that when in
_gnutls_stream_read, pull_func is invoked it terminates with an error which
is nor EAGAIN nor EINTR.
Can you please help me in understand why this event is occuring?
Because I do not have any high level understanding of what GNUTLS is doing
at this level, I do not understand which is the high level condition that
brings me to this error.

Thank you
Alessandro Carminati