[gnutls-help] Compiling with the FIPS option

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Jan 15 11:44:46 CET 2015

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:13:47 +0100
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:

> Correct, I forgot about it. You'll need to patch gnutls' fips.c to
> use a key that agrees with the fipscheck package. I.e., apply the
> following patch:

Thanks.  Haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.  I have a general
question regarding FIPS mode, about the way it works.  Is there a need
to modify all applications using GnuTLS to add FIPS init code, or is
there some automatic function being called when the library is loaded
(or otherwise used) by an application, that will execute all
FIPS-related checks and tests ?

Regards.