[gnutls-help] RSyslog not sending messages

kimleanne kimleanne at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 08:09:02 CET 2015

Hi All.

I've been having some issues with missing messages when sending to
papertrail. This occurs about once or twice a day.
This is what I'm running on the Debian Jessie server:

rsyslogd 8.4.2

libcurl3-gnutls:amd64          7.38.0-4             amd64
easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (GnuTLS flavour)
libgnutls-deb0-28:amd64        3.3.8-5              amd64
GNU TLS library - main runtime library
libgnutls-openssl27:amd64      3.3.8-5              amd64
GNU TLS library - OpenSSL wrapper
libgnutls26:amd64              2.12.20-8+deb7u2     amd64
GNU TLS library - runtime library
rsyslog-gnutls                 8.4.2-1              amd64
TLS protocol support for rsyslog

I've run rsyslogd manually in debug mode and have seen some output that
I'd like to know more details about.
The ryslog-debug.log produces:
unexpected GnuTLS error -53 in nsd_gtls.c:1571
and stderr when running rsyslogd manually produces:
GnuTLS error: Error in the push function

Full details are here: http://kb.monitorware.com/post25198.html along
with the relevant files.

Can you please provide some details on how I can go about getting GnuTLS
to output more data about what happens when it encounters this failure?
Do I need to turn a debug flag on? If so, how? Do I need to run manually
(I'm assuming I do)? If so, how?

Thanks for your help?

lethalduck.