[gnutls-help] TLS_PSK cipher suite selection by priority strings

Tim Riemann TRiemann at comprion.com
Tue Jul 28 14:13:35 CEST 2015

Hi,
I am currently trying to run some tests with GnuTLS 3.4.1 on a self written TLS-PSK server, but I am not able to select the cipher suites which I need to test. For example, I am not able to select TLS_PSK_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 with the following priority string: "+PSK:+AES-128-GCM:+MAC-ALL". Using the tool "gnutls-priority" (https://gist.github.com/stbuehler/5693466) I verified that the cipher suite from above should be enabled. But if I connect to my TLS-PSK server, GnuTLS shows the message "Error in priorities: No or insufficient priorities were set.". What priority string do I need to select this specific cipher suite?
I also want to check NULL cipher suites such as "TLS_PSK_NULL_SHA1". How can I configure GnuTLS to only use this cipher suite? It would be awesome if you can give me any hints :).

Thanks in advance,
Tim