[gnutls-help] gnutls_record_send() behavior while corked

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Mar 4 07:55:05 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 11:48 PM, Attila Molnar <attilamolnar at hush.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'd like to use the corking functionality introduced in 3.1,
> but there is something I don't fully understand.
> The docs for gnutls_record_send() say that when corked
> "All queued records will be sent when gnutls_uncork() is called
> or when the maximum record size is reached.".

Thanks for bringing that up. The behavior is the one that you noticed,
but the docs were wrong. They were corrected in:
https://gitorious.org/gnutls/gnutls/commit/f38fe7744d6ff7560c3ee67e3bd35b301734385a
but for some reasons that wasn't propagated to the documentation
generated for the web site. I'll have to check why is that.

> Which one is it? Is it correct to assume that while corked,
> gnutls_record_send() simply copies the data into an internal
> buffer and the gnutls_record_uncork() function does something
> equivalent to what gnutls_record_send() does when not corked,
> but operates on all of the data given to it earlier?

Correct.