[gnutls-help] GnuTLS-TPM handshake

Marcos Simó Picó marcossp at kth.se
Fri May 8 14:32:48 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I’m trying to set up a TLS session between client and server, both provided with a TPM and using mutual authentication. I am checking if it is feasible to do it using X.509 certificate authentication. I found out that GnuTLS needs to get access to the actual private key (either importing it from its URL or directly) by executing gnutls_certificate_set_x509_key_file(), before performing the handshake. However, it would be interesting that the private key would never leave the TPM chip.

Is there any way to do it?

Thanks!

Marcos.