[gnutls-help] Error using certtool with config file on Win32

Jörg Weinhardt jw at ib-weinhardt.de
Fri Nov 13 17:28:46 CET 2015

Hi,

I tried to use certtool from  GnuTLS 3.4.5-w32 and also GnuTLS
3.3.13-w32 using a template file as input.

I always get the following error message:

certtool  -V --generate-self-signed --load-privkey test_key.key
--template test_template.txt --outfile test_cert.cert
libopts error 0 (No error) calling read for 'test_template.txt'
configFileLoad: No error
Error loading template: test_template.txt

The content of test_template.txt:

# X.509 Certificate options
#
# DN options

# The organization of the subject.
organization = "My company"

Is this a known problem?
Same call works with the linux version of certtool, but in that project
would be helpful to have all tools on win32.

regards,
Joerg