[gnutls-help] GNUTLS_E_PULL_ERROR in gnutls_record_recv

Max Bruce max.bruce12 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 23:37:52 CEST 2015

I can't find online what it means, and the name is not very specific. It's
not consistent, if I restart the server several times, it'll work
eventually for a while. TCP is all fine, and the handshake works fine. When
I write a HTTP request over gnutls-cli, it doesn't throw any errors until
the connection times out, but my server throws this after receiving a
STDIN(it's all non blocking IO).

Code:

int i = gnutls_record_recv(sessiond, ra, size);
if(i < 0) {
free(ra);
errno = i;
return NULL;
}

It seems to have started after we tested this on a Debian box, rather than
an Ubuntu one. No code has changed, and the GNUTLS & supporting library
version are the same.

--
Thanks,
Max Bruce