[gnutls-help] make check errors in system running FIPS mode

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Wed Sep 23 17:54:31 CEST 2015

> From: "Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos" <nmav at gnutls.org>
> Date: 09/23/15 07:06

> They are run on the gnutls global initializer. There is no
> documentation for the FIPS140 operations. It affects too few people to
> make sense writing it. Unless there is someone contributing that
> documentation I don't think that this will change soon.

What is meant exactly by 'run on the gnutls global initializer' ?

How can we apply this knowledge to running the tests ?

If we do not want to skip the FIPS tests and have them hopefully succeeded, does this mean that we have to go on a test per test basis, see what it does, then see how it can actually be run (does it need to connect to something else, etc...). Isn't there any high level overview like a setup to be done prior to turn the tests ?  Are the test self-contained or do they need to use external sources ?  Does gnutls have to be installed (make install) before running running them ?

Thanks.