[gnutls-help] GnuTLS compatibility with RHEL 4

Gulla, Dwayne dwayne.gulla1 at verizon.com
Wed Feb 10 20:45:31 CET 2016

Hello,

We have some legacy Linux servers some are running RHEL 4 and 5. We require support for TLS 1.2. We cannot upgrade the OS (it will conflict with a lot of the existing software installed).

Originally we wanted to utilize OpenSSL 1.0.1 and turn off TLSv3. But we cannot install OpenSSL 1.0.1 unless the OS is bumped to 6.5.

So I'd like to know if there is a version of GnuTLS that supports TLS 1.2 and is compatible with RHEL 4 and 5?

I could not find anything in your documentation relevant to compatibility.

Thanks in advance,
Dwayne