[gnutls-help] Trouble with wildcard cert on servers without FQDNs?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Jul 29 18:04:37 CEST 2016

No, that wasn't it.  The test script fails even when the ubuntu
package ca-certificates is installed.
And the test script is all self-signed anyway, there's no outside
server involved.
In fact, it fails on my laptop, which has all the certs a normal user needs.

The script works fine without the wildcard, too, even in the clean container.
It really does feel like the wildcard triggers some surprising
requirement in gnutls.
Maybe I should try registering a FQDN for my laptop and see if that helps :-)