[gnutls-help] Fwd: problem with dtls heartbeat pong reception in v3.4.x

Olivier Soldano olivier.soldano at savoirfairelinux.com
Fri Sep 30 19:01:55 CEST 2016

Ok I found my mistake, you just have to use gnutls_heartbeat_enable(session, GNUTLS_HB_PEER_ALLOWED_TO_SEND | GNUTLS_HB_LOCAL_ALLOWED_TO_SEND)
for the member which is pinging and gnutls_heartbeat_enable(session, GNUTLS_HB_PEER_ALLOWED_TO_SEND) for the pong-er.

However the example code in tests/mini-dtls-heartbeat.c uses gnutls_heartbeat_enable(session, GNUTLS_HB_PEER_ALLOWED_TO_SEND); for both
members.

moreover I found unclear the documentation http://www.gnutls.org/manual/html_node/Core-TLS-API.html#gnutls_005fheartbeat_005fenable
as it -for me- differentiates and excludes the use of the two types GNUTLS_HB_PEER_ALLOWED_TO_SEND , and GNUTLS_HB_LOCAL_ALLOWED_TO_SEND.