[gnutls-help] Verifying Client Certificate

Mandar Joshi emailmandar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 07:30:39 CET 2017

Hello everyone,
 I am using GnuTLS functions in my glib and gio code to handle secure
connections.

 I have a question about how to handle client authentication after I
have verified that the client certificate is valid.

In my server, I have set the client to require a certificate with

gnutls_certificate_server_set_request(client->session, GNUTLS_CERT_REQUIRE);

I used the code on
https://www.gnutls.org/manual/html_node/Verifying-a-certificate.html#Verifying-a-certificate
and I am able to verify whether the client certificate is valid or
invalid.

Now, what do I do once i have determined that the certificate is
valid. Which function should I call to tell GnuTLS library that the
certificate is valid and it can proceed with the connection?

Regards
Mandar Joshi