[gnutls-help] The development list is now read-only

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Mon Jul 16 14:27:28 CEST 2018

Hello,

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com> skribis:

>  As most of the work-flow for gnutls has switched to gitlab.com/gnutls
> there is little purpose in keeping a separate forum for development
> discussions. As such this mailing list is now read-only and will
> receive the traffic from gitlab.com gnutls project as well as release
> announcements. We encourage you to follow the project on
> https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls .
>
> If you wish to continue using a mailing list for questions or other
> discussions please use the help-gnutls mailing list at:

Gitlab.com’s ToS contain fairly obnoxious terms.  In particular, Section
15 uses broad wording that I’m uncomfortable with:

  15. Indemnification

  You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GitLab, its affiliates, […]
  from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’
  fees […]

I wouldn’t want my savings to go to GitLab’s attorneys should someone
attack them for something vaguely related to GnuTLS.

IMO, contributing to free software should not require people to blindly
accept such conditions.  For that reason, I think it’s good to keep
additional options for users to contribute.

Ludo’.