[gnutls-help] GIT build failing

grothoff at gnu.org grothoff at gnu.org
Mon Jun 11 11:16:52 CEST 2018

Hi!

I have the same build issue, on Debian buster, following the
instructions from README using GNU Bison 3.0.4.

While I'm here, the issue I was trying to investigate was a failing
certificate violation for 'img.lemde.fr' using this code from
gnunet-gns-proxy.c (in GNUnet):

 chainp = gnutls_certificate_get_peers (tlsinfo->internals,
					 &cert_list_size);
 gnutls_x509_crt_init (&x509_cert);
 gnutls_x509_crt_import (x509_cert,
                         chainp,
                         GNUTLS_X509_FMT_DER);

 if (0 == (rc = gnutls_x509_crt_check_hostname (x509_cert,
                                                hostname)))
   fail(); // fails...

gnutls-cli is happy with the cert, but it doesn't seem to call
check_hostname. This is a wildcard subjectAltName in the cert (Chromium
and Firefox are happy with it).

Any advice (both on building from Git or what might be wrong with my
cert-checking logic) would be very welcome...

Happy hacking!

Christian