[gnutls-help] Supplying a PIN for an HSM with PKCS #11

Full Name nuncestbibendum at excite.com
Fri Oct 26 22:11:44 CEST 2018

In case anyone cares (which I doubt, bearing in mind the negligible volume of traffic in this forum):

To answer my own question, the callback that I mentioned is expected to supply the PIN itself, be directly or by invoking some other function, to e.g. prompt a user at the command line for a PIN. The PIN must then be copied to the input pin buffer, with the length constraint specified by pin_max. It would be nice if the gnutls documentation were to include a description similar to this - it's just a couple of lines.