[gnutls-help] cannot to connect to lwn.net with gnutls 3.6.3 on windows 10

thomas at m3y3r.de thomas at m3y3r.de
Sat Sep 29 20:56:16 CEST 2018

Hi,

did you compile the version yourself? where exactly can I get your
binary/version?

I now was able to setup the mingw64 toolchain, and the self compiled
version works!
sadly no debugging possible because gdb and exe seems to miss debug
symbols.

a quick view shows this difference:

gitlab mingw64 build version 3.6.3; linked on the gnutls homepage:
gnutls-cli lwn.net
|<1>| There was a non-CA certificate in the trusted list: OU=Copyright (c) 1997 Microsoft Corp.,OU=Microsoft Corporation,CN=Microsoft Root Authority.
|<1>| There was a non-CA certificate in the trusted list: C=US,O=MSFT,CN=Microsoft Authenticode(tm) Root Authority.
|<1>| There was a non-CA certificate in the trusted list: CN=Root Agency.
Processed 59 CA certificate(s).
[...]

my 3.6.3 version build locally on a windows 10 machine:
gnutls-cli lwn.net
Processed 155 CA certificate(s).
[...]