[gnutls-help] Asynchronous operation.

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Sun Aug 4 18:17:38 CEST 2019

Is it possible to use gnutls with a library that does all the socket
I/O?

Assuming TCP, data being sent and received is merely a stream.
Shouldn't it be possible to make gnutls oblivious of network
layers and sockets and merely put it in between a stream of data?

Aka,

[Application] <---> [gnutls] <---> [async I/O library]

Where the application takes care of setting up the TCP connection
and uses call backs from gnutls to write data an output
buffer that the I/O library writes to a socket, while data
from the socket is written to a buffer and from there passed
on to gnutls.

On the other side would then just be plain data going
back and forth.

If this is possible, is there client example code that uses
this method?

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>