[gnutls-help] make check

Catonano catonano at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 07:58:25 CET 2019

Il giorno mar 8 gen 2019 alle ore 14:16 Alice Wonder <alice at librelamp.com>
ha scritto:

> On 1/8/19 3:53 AM, Catonano wrote:
> > Il giorno mar 8 gen 2019 alle ore 01:03 Alice Wonder
> > <alice at librelamp.com <mailto:alice at librelamp.com>> ha scritto:
> >

> >     My guess (and just a guess) is that it is linking against shared libs
> >     not in the ld.so.conf path.
> >

> > I thought so too
> >
> > But then I added a /etc/ld.so.conf.d/nettle.conf file with
> >
> > /home/catonano/opt/lib
> > in it
> >
> > So then
> >
> > $ sudo ldconfig -v | grep nettle
> > /sbin/ldconfig.real: Impossibile fare stat di
> > /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu: File o directory non esistente
> > /sbin/ldconfig.real: Percorso "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu" fornito più di una
> > volta
> > /sbin/ldconfig.real: Percorso "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu" fornito più di
> > una volta
> > /sbin/ldconfig.real: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ld-2.27.so
> > <http://ld-2.27.so> is the dynamic linker, ignoring
> >
> >      libnettle.so.6 -> libnettle.so.6.5
> >      libnettle.so.6 -> libnettle.so.6.4
> >

> > The libnettle.so.6.5 is the one in my $HOME/opt/lib
> >
> > And that error came up anyway
> >
> > Shoud I reconfigure and rebuild with this new ldconfig configuration on ?
> >
> > Thanks !
>
> I would try that, though I don't see how it will make a difference but
> it could. It may be confused because both libnettle libraries are
> different versions of libnettle.so.6
>
> Another thing you could try is compiling gnutls with rpath enabled. I'm
> not exactly sure what the switch for that is, may just be --enable-rpath
> ???

Hi Alice !

I just wanted to let you now that I managed to run the tests on Gnunet
successfully !

This is the configure command I used:

./configure \
--prefix=/home/catonano/opt \
GUILE="/usr/bin/guile" \
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/home/catonano/opt/lib/pkgconfig/" \
LT_SYS_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/catonano/opt/lib" \
NETTLE_LIBS="-L/home/catonano/opt/lib -lnettle" \

I'm not sure about LT_SYS_LIBRARY_PATH

But what solved the situation finally was the NETTLE_LIBS switch

I searched on line informations about this error message
DSO missing from command line

and it turns out it's about a lib NOT being given on the command line (DSO
stands for dinamic shared objec)t

This happened with Nettle in the tests

I expected that a set of switches that makes the build succeed would also
have made running the tests succeed
But I was wrong

Well, All's well that ends well

Thanks