[gnutls-help] cipher names

Jeremy Harris jgh at wizmail.org
Tue Jan 29 22:33:58 CET 2019

On 15/01/2019 16:31, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> RFC 8316 section 4.3 gives a need for cipher names per the
> IANA registry https://www.iana.org/assignments/tls-parameters

It'd help if I gave the correct reference: RFC 8314.

> Is there a supported way of getting the IANA-format name?

... for recording in a mail Received: header.

Currently my choice seems to be between trying to
algorithmically munge the name returned by
   gnutls_cipher_suite_get_name()
[complex enough that I doubt I'd do it without errors]

or duplicating the IANA tables for lookup from the
"value" pair.  But there's no obvious way to get that
pair either.

Could the cs_algorithms[] table in lib/algorithms/ciphersuites.c
be extended with an IANA name field, and an API provided?
--
Cheers,
  Jeremy