[gnutls-help] GnuTLS performance on slower devices

Shawn Hall shawn.hall at nag.com
Tue Mar 5 19:39:56 CET 2019

Hi,

One of our customers uses TigerVNC for graphical connections to systems.  There are more details here https://github.com/TigerVNC/tigervnc/issues/737, but we've found that on slower devices such as the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 that there was a noticeable slowdown when encryption is enabled.  In talking to the TigerVNC developers, we've found that this slowdown is due to some fundamental parts of GnuTLS such a memory allocation and buffer management.

Is there any work in progress or planned that would improve GnuTLS performance on slower devices?

Thanks,
Shawn
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business