[gnutls-help] How to generate a private key and sign the certificate using GnuTLS API?

Nicolas Mora nicolas at babelouest.org
Wed Sep 18 02:24:42 CEST 2019

Hello,

Le 19-09-17 à 09 h 43, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos a écrit :

> Most likely you have already figured the issue, but in general a way
> to debug such applications is by setting the GNUTLS_DEBUG_LEVEL
> variable to a number from 3 to 9. It will provide more output which
> can help figure the issue.

Yes, I've figured out what was missing in my code. Basically the
certificate was incomplete, at least I didn't set the serial number.

I made a gist to help other people and my future self with this problem:
https://gist.github.com/babelouest/b239099b209176376e7bf2640429ba87

Thanks for the debug level tip, I'll remember to use it next time!

/Nicolas