[gnutls-help] gnutls 3.7.0

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Sun Dec 6 11:48:36 CET 2020

On 2020-12-02 Daiki Ueno <ueno at gnu.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>  We've just released gnutls 3.7.0. This is the first release on the
> 3.7.x branch, with several new features and behavior changes.
[...]

Hello Daiko,

I am wondering about what to ship in the next Debian release, scheduled
to be frozen in February 2021. Should I stay with 3.6.x or go for 3.7.0?

As far as can tell 3.7.0 is called 3.7.0 because it added the nettle 3.6
requirement and made the crypto override APIs a no-op. But apart from
that the changes and potential for breakage are not biggger than in a
regular 3.6.x release so I would tend to upload 3.7.0 to Debian/unstable
ASAP. Any thoughts on that?

TIA, cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'