[gnutls-help] GnuTLS testsuite error on ppc64 after nettle upgrade

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Tue Feb 9 08:30:40 CET 2021

Hello,

Upgrading nettle from 3.6 to 3.7 triggers a GnuTLS 3.7.0 testsuite
error on both ppc64 and ppc64el:

(sid_ppc64el-dchroot)ametzler at plummer:~/GNUTLS/gnutls28-3.7.0/b4deb/tests$ ./min
i-record-2
testing aes-cbc
testing aes-cbc-sha256
testing aes-gcm
testing aes-ccm
testing aes-ccm-8
testing null-sha1
testing arcfour-sha1
testing arcfour-md5
testing chacha20-poly1305
testing tls13-chacha20-poly1305
server:330: client: Error: An unexpected TLS packet was received.

Running the same binary dynamically (with LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting) linked
against nettle 3.6 succeeds.

--verbose logs are huge (5-7 MB xz-compressed), I have uploaded them to
https://people.debian.org/~ametzler/tmp/

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'