[gnutls-help] gnutls 3.7.4 and more frequent releases

Daiki Ueno ueno at gnu.org
Mon Mar 21 15:16:05 CET 2022

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Mora <nicolas at babelouest.org> writes:

> Le 2022-03-09 à 02 h 45, Daiki Ueno a écrit :
>> Also I would appreciate if anyone is willing to volunteer for the
>> future
>> releases :-)
>>
> I'd like to help with the future releases.

Thank you; that would be great!

> I have a pending MR (gnutls_ecdh_compute_key) which is currently on
> hold [1]. I was asking for help to use internal functions [2].

Sorry for the inactivity on the MR; let me give it back to you soon.

> I also have made 2 MRs in Nettle library, one for AES keywrap [3],
> which has been merged and should be in a future release, the other one
> for RSA OAEP [4], which hasn't been merged yet.
>
> When those last 2 will be available in Nettle, I can make MRs to add
> AES keywrap and RSA OAEP in GnuTLS too.

I think these are becoming more relevant in terms of FIPS, given the
sunset of PKCS#1 padding usage (in particular for key wrapping).

> I'd like those functionalities in GnuTLS so GnuTLS would support all
> key management algorithm in the JOSE standard [5].
>
> Besides that, I can help with other needs the library would have, not
> only the one I want :-)

I have recently started a wiki page to collect non-trivial project ideas:
https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/wikis/Projects-for-newcomers

Feel free to add any other ideas there :-)

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno