[gnutls-help] Reliable way to check if there is %NO_TICKETS in the current configured priority

Oto Šťáva oto.stava at nic.cz
Wed Jan 17 14:47:59 CET 2024

Hi all,

I have an application that allows the user to set their own priority
string for GnuTLS, including the %NO_TICKETS keyword, which disables TLS
resumption. That same application also supports QUIC via the ngtcp2
library. There is an edge-case where if I set %NO_TICKETS and attempt to
use 0-RTT functions of the ngtcp2 library, the QUIC connection gets into
an invalid state and eventually crashes with an assertion error. Is
there some API through which I can reliably check whether tickets are
enabled for a session so as to avoid calling the 0-RTT-related functions
in such a case? I tried via (gnutls_session_get_flags(...) &
GNUTLS_SFLAGS_SESSION_TICKET), but that returns true even when
%NO_TICKETS is present in the priority string. Would I have to parse the
priority string manually?

Regards
Oto