GPAPA changes

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:29:47 +0100

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Peter Gerwinski wrote:

> * The passphrase stuff in GPAPA had been taken out by Werner in the
> previous CVS version. We kept a workaround in our version for
> testing. The current CVS version has the passphrase stuff back
> again. Can I just rely on that and take out our workaround?
If that works, keep it. But I had serious problems with the passphrase and especially by using passphrase-fd in such a context. It is not possible to ask for the passphrase when GnuPG requests one - instead you have to provide the passphrase in advance. IIRC, Mailcrypt runs gpg twice to learn which passphrase is needed. Werner -- Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> GNU Privacy Guard (http://www.gnupg.org) Free Software Foundation Europe (http://www.fsfeurope.org) [Please see X-* mail header for OpenPGP key info]