icons.xpm

Bernhard Herzog bh@intevation.de
19 Jan 2001 15:02:08 +0100

Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> writes:

> On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
>
> > We want to add lots of icons to GPA. How is the file icons.xmp generated
> > or is it maintained by hand? Or, prased differently, should I just
> > append new xpms to icons.xpm?
>
> It would be much better if we can replace that with PNG images. It
> can't be that difficult.
The existing icons were created from larger PNGs which in turn were apparently created as vector graphics. We do have the PNGs, but not the vector versions. Directly loading the PNGs is not easily done. Compiling all icons as xpms into gpa is much easier.
> If there is no way around, we should make
> a pixmap director and include the pixmaps as needed. Or run a
> script to create a source of all xpms in a directory,
I agree that we should keep the original PNGs in CVS and have scripts/Makefiles that generate the xpms.
The function is already there and the array xpms in icons.c, which matches strings to xpm-variables looks as though it might have been created with a script. Bernhard -- Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/ Sketch http://sketch.sourceforge.net/ MapIt! http://mapit.de/