windows registry

Rich rich@cnylug.org
Wed Jan 24 19:48:03 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:34:20 +0100 or Thereabouts
The voices in my head told me that Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan@intevation.de> said:

> > That's a good point You would need to reboot in order for that
> > environment variable to be in effect. I was under the impression
> > however that defining environment variables could be done under all
> > (current) Windows versions the same way.
>
> _current_ might not be enough if you look at M$ strategy.
Definitely a possibility.
> > echo SET GNUPGHOME=C:\GNUPG >> AUTOEXEC.BAT
>
> then you set the same home for all users
> on a Windows System. Not a good idea, why should they
> share one keyring?
As in all users in a multi-user system would be sharing that home. Yes, I didn't consider that. Although I run multi-user OS's on several of my machines, I am still the only user, so I tend to forget things like that. :-) Rich... ________________________________________ The Central New York Linux User Group Now with one of them web page thingies! www.cnylug.org <-> rich@XXXcnylug.org