UTF problem?

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan@intevation.de
Thu Jan 25 14:25:00 2001

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 02:08:12PM +0100, Bernhard Herzog wrote:

> For the windows version of GPA it would probably be best to have the mo
> files in UTF8 and a gettext that doesn't do conversions at all. GTK
> takes care of any further conversion that may be necessary to display
> the text.
I have tested this and it works. Requires some fiddeling in configure and automake files (for po directory) to have this all done automatically when building for w32. It will also decrease the size of simple-gettext.c because we can drop the ISO-8859-1 to IBM-CP-850 conversion. Go ahead this way? Jan -- Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/ Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/ FreeGIS http://freegis.org/