[aegypten] will gpg amended with S/MIME support?

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan@intevation.de
Sat Oct 6 17:53:02 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 09:48:08PM +0200, Marc Mutz wrote:

> Now that it can be discussed openly, I ask again: What should we KMail
> guys expect? Will the S/MIME stuff go into gpg (and thus gpgme), so we
> can get both in one go?
>
> Background: KMail is going to use gpgme in the next version for the
> gpg-interfacing stuff. Thus, it putting S/MIME support into gpg(me),
> would be cool from KMail's POV.
yes, the idea is to have gpgme the standard interface for mua plugins to various protocols. BTW, improved support of KMail OpenPGP along with the Sphinx-stuff is also part of the contract :-) Jan -- Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/ Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/ FreeGIS http://freegis.org/