interoperability testing?

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan@intevation.de
Fri Oct 12 09:50:02 2001

Dear Simon,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 10:43:23PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the right fora
it is!
> but is there any interest in
> interoperability testing between various S/MIME, PGP/MIME and PGP mail
> clients (including LDAP/DNS/HTTP key lookup etc)? I think it would be
> nice if any problems with the open clients (Gnus, Mutt, KMail,
> Mozilla, Evolution, any others?) are detected by the developers
> instead of end users. :) Of course, I wouldn't expect (or want) it to
> be anything but informal.
such testing would be very helpful. It would be a small project of its own. Note that there is a test specifaction for sphinx by the bsi. Of course it refers to the sphinx project and ... it is in German :-( What would help a lot would be an overview on which MUA (which version) interoperates correctly with the others for each protocol. It would mean quite some work (some fun too) to do the testing and/or to moderate the webpage. Anyone out there? Cheers Jan -- Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/ Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/ FreeGIS http://freegis.org/