Various design questions

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Oct 19 18:32:01 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:12:00 -0400, George Staikos said:

> I haven't heard many details about this project and the last time I
> checked, the online docs were in German, but I do have a few questions about
Unfortunately the specs are all in German and we can't translate several hundred pages. OTOH, it is not needed, ast they are closely based on RFCs. We will provide some source code docs to explain the differences.
> agree that things like key management should be integrated with the KDE
> crypto manager? I think it would be unfortunate for users to have to import
I don't know what the KDE crypto manager is. I have a very basic desktop ;-) If you can tell me somethig about that thing we can discuss it. One problem I see beforehand is close integration of crypto code with huge libraries. Especially security stuff shouls be as small as possible. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus