GPA iPAQ and icons

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Sun Dec 1 12:28:01 2002

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 12:00:17 +0100, Florian Boor wrote:
> >What environment are you using? Opie, GPE, or (heaven forbid) PocketPC?
>=20
> I'm using GPE :-) Maybe i'll try to port GPA to GPE if i find some time...

I must confess my knowledge of Familiar is second-hand (attended a talk
about it a couple of weeks ago). But, IIRC, GPE uses GTK+2. Since the next
GPA release has already been ported to GTK+2, it should work pretty well in
GPE. So you should save yourself the time of trying to replicate our work in
that area.

> >All icons are in .xpm files in the src/ directory. If you are using 0.4.=
3,
> >they will all be in the icons.xpm file.
>=20
> Yes, in this way they are easy to handle from C, but how can i open them
> to change their size? Gimp e.g. opens only the first image. OK, i could
> use a text editor to split icons.xpm... isn't there an easier way?

I don't know of any.

Unless you write a short C program that includes the icons.xpm file and
writes each icon to a different file :-) That should be easy.

Regards,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/