UI for the list of key signatures?

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Mon Dec 2 13:24:02 2002

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 11:46:00 +0100, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidde=
r wrote:
> I hate tabs. I hate tabs. I hate tabs. :-)
>=20
> Would a windows registry editor-style ui be too complex? have the list
> of uids on the left and the list of signatures on the right?

Most people have just two or three uids, so that would be overkill :-)

I have an idea. We have a list of signatures, and on top of it a dropdown
list with one option for each uid and an extra one for "all". That way you
can see the signatures on the whole key, or just those on one uid, at your
choice.

> I use gpa for keyring and trust maintenance only. So, for me, a good
> thing to have available in the list of signatures is a way to see how
> the trust is calculated. Add a column and show the trust values of each
> signing key? Or use colors?

With the proposed gpgme interface, I have easy access to everything in a
"gpg --check-sigs", but getting to the key themselves is a bit slow. So,
I won't add the trust values any time soon.

But a graphical display of how a key is validated would be a cool feature.
Maybe we can work on it at some point.

Thanks,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es