Bug list update, 02.12.2002

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Tue Dec 3 01:13:01 2002

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 19:52:02 +0100, Markus Gerwinski wrote:
> Hi folks,
>=20
> I've run my test on GPA again. Here's what I found.

I'm beginning to fear your test ;-)

> New bugs:
>=20
>  * Keys/Sign keys: Mostly OK, but results in a program crash, if
>     - the key already has a signature of this user or
>     - the default key has been deleted, and a new default key hasn't
>       yet been set.

Both have been fixed.

>  * File/Check: Signatures are found, but now _always_ denoted as "valid",
>    regardless of the key's owner trust.

Do you mean the owner trust or the key validity? A signature is valid if
it's good and they key is valid (known to belong to the person mentioned in
the user name, via the web of trust). Owner trust is a different concept
altogether.

> Fixed bugs:
>=20
>  - Import keys from Server: OK (with a small hack.)

The hack is in CVS now, please verify it.

> Still in the list:
>=20
>  * Signatures: GPA still doesn't display any key signatures.

Working on this one.

>  - Keys/Backup: OK, always the default key is backup'd. Still missing: A
>    function to backup other keys than the default key.

This will have to wait a bit.

You can also add that there is currently no way to get into advanced UI mode
(I'll try to fix it next).

BTW, wouldn't it be easier for everybody to have some kind of bug database
where we can manage this? Is there something like that planned for GnuPG in
general?

Regards,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es