Cross-compiling GPA for MinGW

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Dec 3 20:07:01 2002

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:24:29 +0100, Marcus Brinkmann said:

> It seems it doesn't pick up the ssize_t typedef.  oes your cross compiler
> define _MSC_VER?  "gcc -dM -E - < /dev/null"

_MSC_VER was ntroduced because Timo uses the same source for other
projects which do compile with MS VC.  This is nothing we need to care
about.  If something is missing in mingw32/cpd, we will add it later.

GPGME is work in progress and as such we concentrate on real
development and not on Windows nitpicks.  As soon as we have a stable
version, I'll sit down and make it work on W32.

If there is a urgent need to get a W32 version ready, it is possible
to hire Marcus and me for this job.  g10 Code is currently working on
gpgme without any backing by a paid project.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner