Key signatures

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Sun Dec 8 15:46:02 2002

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

Hi everybody,

Yesterday I committed the new list of key signatures to GPA. With this, I
think we have all the features of 0.4.3 and some more, using GPGME.

With respect to 0.5.0 we have only lost the key search feature (and that
only worked on Windows). That could be implemented the same way
import/export have been, with a bit of work.

It's been a very long time since the last release. Neither 0.4.3 nor 0.5.0
work with any current GnuPG. So, I think it is very important to make a new
release as soon as possible (of course, we must wait until gpgme 0.4.0 has
been released).

If someone has any ideas of things that should be in any release, I'd like
to know. In my opinion, the most important things to bring GPA to a state
where it can be released are (bugfixes aside):

        * Bring back some sense to the menu and toolbar. We might need some
        new icons. There are also some problems with the new settings
        dialog. I myself like it, but I can't find the right place for it in
        the menus.

        * Add some new options to the edit dialog. As I moved the ownertrust
        out of there, so that "edit" is only used for private keys, we need
        some more things in there to make it useful.

Please feel free to comment on those, or add your own.

Thanks,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/