Key signatures

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Mon Dec 9 02:10:02 2002

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 19:28:36 +0100, Michael Anckaert wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 15:47:37 +0100
> Miguel Coca <e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es> wrote:
>=20
> >         * Add some new options to the edit dialog. As I moved the
> >         ownertrust out of there, so that "edit" is only used for
> >         private keys, we need some more things in there to make it
> >         useful.
> Sorry if this is already there or if it isn't possible, but here's my
> wish-list ;)

Well, you seem to think like I do, because they are all things I'd like to
add :-)

> 	* Adding a UID
> 	* Adding a sub-key

Not just adding, but also deleting/revoking them. Adding is not a problem,
and I think I could implement in a short time. But managing existing UID's
is not possible with GnuPG 1.2.1 (it'll be in 1.2.2).

Managing subkeys is not hard, either, but maybe it's something that shopuld
only be allowed in advanced mode. It's easy to make unrecoverable mistakes.

So I'm not sure these should go into the next release. What I do want to
add, as it should be easy, is an option to change the passphrase.

> 	* Show the key-length in the keyring editor

Which keylength? There is the primary key, and the subkeys. But yes, I'll
add the keylength (and algorithm) of the primary key to the details page.
Then we can worry about displaying the subkeys.

Regards,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/