Ägypten: Smartcards

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Jan 7 21:40:02 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 19:46:35 +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus said:

> publishes the results. also scez is one package and as such easy to
> install and use, where muscle is a framework with the drivers and apps
> being distributed in other packages, and assembly is more work.

This will change soon.  The advantage of OpenSC is the working pkcs-15
code and clear origin of the code.

> scez itself is dual licenced with BSD (without advertising clause)
> and LGPL version 2, so the licence is fine. but it might be necessary

I have not looked at recent versions but I discussed the license issue
with Matthias quite a while back, the current tarball has still the
old BSD one, though.

> to replace the serial library sio, since this has the odd BSD licence
> with the odd advertisement clause.

There are also parts taken with permission from Peter Gutmann's
cryptlib; I guess Peter would be so kind to give permission for LGPL
too.  OTOH, there are some exciting OpenSC developments going on.  I
am going to discuss this with Juha at the NordU/Usenix.

  Werner