Compile error with current CVS kmail

Rolf Offermanns rolf@offermanns.de
Fri Jan 18 23:07:01 2002

--==========1733196916==========

Hi!
I wanted to try a aegypten enabled kmail from cvs and i followed the hints=20
on the following webpage:
http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/development.en.html

I succeeded more or less (see below) until the point where kmail was to be=20
compiled next.

The following error occured:
g++ -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE=20
-DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -o .libs/kmail [...]

directoryservicesconfigurationdialogimpl.o: In function=20
`DirectoryServicesConfigurationDialogImpl::DirectoryServicesConfigurationDi
alogImpl(QWidget *, char const *, unsigned int)':
directoryservicesconfigurationdialogimpl.o(.text+0x1f): undefined reference =

to `DirectoryServicesConfigurationDialogImpl::QPaintDevice virtual table'
directoryservicesconfigurationdialogimpl.o(.text+0x26): undefined reference =

to `DirectoryServicesConfigurationDialogImpl virtual table'
directoryservicesconfigurationdialogimpl.o: In function=20
`DirectoryServicesConfigurationDialogImpl::~DirectoryServicesConfigurationD
ialogImpl(void)':
directoryservicesconfigurationdialogimpl.o(.text+0x5f): undefined reference =

to `DirectoryServicesConfigurationDialogImpl::QPaintDevice virtual table'
directoryservicesconfigurationdialogimpl.o(.text+0x66): undefined reference =

to `DirectoryServicesConfigurationDialogImpl virtual table'
adddirectoryservicedialogimpl.o: In function=20
`AddDirectoryServiceDialogImpl::AddDirectoryServiceDialogImpl(QWidget *,=20
char const *, bool, unsigned int)':
adddirectoryservicedialogimpl.o(.text+0x2b): undefined reference to=20
`AddDirectoryServiceDialogImpl::QPaintDevice virtual table'
adddirectoryservicedialogimpl.o(.text+0x32): undefined reference to=20
`AddDirectoryServiceDialogImpl virtual table'
adddirectoryservicedialogimpl.o: In function=20
`AddDirectoryServiceDialogImpl::~AddDirectoryServiceDialogImpl(void)':
adddirectoryservicedialogimpl.o(.text+0x9f): undefined reference to=20
`AddDirectoryServiceDialogImpl::QPaintDevice virtual table'
adddirectoryservicedialogimpl.o(.text+0xa6): undefined reference to=20
`AddDirectoryServiceDialogImpl virtual table'

Can anyone give me a hint how to resolve the problem?

I have a few suggestions for the "Howto" document:

Add a requirements section:
autoconf >=3D 2.52
automake >=3D 1.5
libtool >=3D 1.4

Change:
   1. Build libksba
      cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.gnupg.org:/cvs/aegypten checkout=20
libksba
To:
   1. Build libksba
      cvs :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.gnupg.org:/cvs/aegypten login
      (enter "anoncvs" when asked for a password)

      cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.gnupg.org:/cvs/aegypten checkout=20
libksba

libgcrypt:
- automake lacks the "-a" option in autogen.sh so depcomp.sh is not created
- libtool was called like this "../libtool", where ../ is my libgcrypt src. =

dir. But there was no libtool executable/script
  After I created a link to my libtool installation make completed=20
successfully.
- I had to remove "doc" from the subdirs part of the toplevel Makefile,=20
because "dvips" could not be found and make stopped at this point.