Quick Start

Rolf Offermanns rolf@offermanns.de
Sat Jan 19 18:37:01 2002

--==========1806709384==========

Can someone give me sort of a quickstart for using kmail with S/MIME and/or =

GNUPG (via Plugins).

I have a running gnupg installation and a s/mime cert. which is installied=20
in kde via kcontrol (including root certs. that are needed to verify my=20
cert.).

So I am able to verify my cert. in kcontrol.

I have installed kmail and activated the S/MIME Plugin so it is loaded and=20
initialized successfully on kmail startup.

How do I get my cert. in kmail. Does kmail use the kde settings from=20
kcontrolcenter?

And how is the "relationship" between the gnupg builtin support in kmail=20
and the openpgp plugin? Do I have to set the builtin pgp support to =
"Don=B4t=20
use any encryption tool" to be able to use the plugin?

If I am missing any "howto" docs, feel free to give me a RTFM with an url.

Rolf