Short question about the GPAPA code

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Sun Jun 16 16:30:01 2002

Hello everybody,

While writing the ChangeLog I've found a change in the GPAPA code I can't
understand at all. I guess doing so would require to study how exactly the
code works, and I don't have the time.

So if any developer knows, it would be a great help.

What is the purpose of the colon.simple field in the GpgObject struct (file
gpapa/rungpgp.c)?

One the changes was to add this at _gpgme_gpg_set_colon_line_handler:

#ifdef GPAPA
    /* This is not really a "colon line handler", but just a "line
     * handler". We do the colon stuff ourselves.
     */
    gpg->colon.simple = 1;
#else
    gpg->colon.simple = 0;
#endif

Does someone know what that should do? All the comments around the colon
stuff begin with "this is a kludge" :-)

Thanks,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es