GPA `improvements'

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Sat Nov 9 18:03:02 2002

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 17:26:37 +0100, Ingo Kl=F6cker wrote:
> On Saturday 09 November 2002 15:43, Miguel Coca wrote:
> > So it doesn't make sense to use "invalid" to mean just some of the
> > non-valid keys. If someone can suggest a reasonable term for keys
> > without a self-signature, that doesn't sound too confusing for new
> > users, I'll add it to the list.
>=20
> What about "incomplete"?

I like that one.

> > But anyway, is it even possible to import an invalid key with gpgme?
> > Certainly it isn't with a simple "gpg --import".
>=20
> Apparently it's not even possible with "gpg --expert --import". But of=20
> course one can simply delete the self-signature from an already=20
> imported key.
>=20
> "Disabled" is another key status which seems to be missing. I don't know=
=20
> in which scenario one might want to disable a key (except for testing)=20
> so it's not really that important.

Well, if someone goes to so much trouble to invalidate or disable a key,
they deserve whatever they get :-)

But, since it's hard to get one such key, we can be sure that if someone
ever sees an "incomplete" or "disabled" key in GPA he'll know what it
means :-)

> OTOH as long as the status is known one shouldn't display the status as
> "Unknown". This could give the false impression that GPA is incomplete.

I've thought about it, and I'll add them later today. It's unlikely that
those validity values can be seen be someone likely to be confused by=20
them, and the expert users probably want them.

Regards,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/